Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 – 2 ½ lb bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces, carcasses, feet, wings, drumsticks, or thighs
- A handful of fresh parsley, thyme, and dill
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 large celery stalk
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 quarts water
- ½ small lemon squeezed
- Put all ingredients in the Instant Pot, cover with the 2 quarts of water and lemon juice.
- Set the timer on the manual setting for 40 minutes. Allow for a 20-minute natural release.
- Remove insert of the IP and let it cool on a trivet until the pot has cooled down enough to handle well.
- Using a strainer spoon, remove as much of the solids as you can. Discard as they have been pressurized to remove all flavor and fat.
- Pour broth into a large bowl or pot over a colander or fine mesh strainer. Allow the broth to cool in a bowl or divide into jars and set on countertop uncovered until completely cool to the touch.
- Once cooled, put lids on jars and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- If you prefer broth with less fat, once cooled, the layer of fat at the top can easily be removed.
- To freeze, leave at least 2 inches of room from the top of a wide-mouth jar. Refrigerate for at least a day before putting it into the freezer. It can be frozen for up to a year!