- 12 ounces of green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths, about 2 cups
- 1 can of chunk white albacore tuna in water drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2–4 hard-boiled eggs
- 3–4 cups fresh spinach or greens, optional
Lemon dressing ingredients
- 1 lemon squeezed and strained
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove crushed, optional
Creamy lemon dressing ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise – only added at the end of the recipe!
Lemon dressing base:
- Make two salad dressings. For the lemon dressing, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, crushed garlic if you are using, and salt & pepper.
- While whisking slowly, add olive oil to incorporate and emulsify.
- Save this dressing in a jar for at least a week, longer if you don’t add the garlic!
Creamy lemon dressing:
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of lemon dressing and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Set aside for the end.
- In a large bowl, combine cold and blanched green beans, tomatoes, scallions, radishes, capers, olives and drained tuna broken up into pieces.
- Pour creamy lemon dressing over the top and gently stir together.
- Add hard-boiled egg slices on top (don’t mix in), sprinkle eggs and salad lightly with salt and pepper and a drizzle of lemon dressing if you wish, and serve.
- If you want to make a more substantial salad, toss spinach greens with extra lemon dressing as the base and top with green bean salad.