- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces (how-to roast chicken breast in this post!)
- 3–4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill or tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts: pumpkin seeds or almond slivers
- Options: 4 tomatoes for stuffing, toasted bread, rice crackers, lettuce cups or plated greens.
- To prepare the tomato cups if using, cut off the tops of tomato and gently cut out the core, opening up the seed cavities. Using your fingers, pull out the seeds and insides of tomatoes until they are seedless and hollow. Set upside down on a paper towel to dry while you mix the salad.
- In a small bowl combine chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, herbs, celery and scallions. Mix gently and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste as desired.
- Fill your hollowed tomatoes with chicken salad or serve with crackers or greens.
- Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds or almonds.