- 1 large orange zested
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary (optional)
- 1 clamshell of mixed Italian greens
- 4 ounces Proscuitto
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded pecorino (Sheep’s Milk) or parmesan (Cow’s Milk)
- Wash and dry your orange. Zest the entire surface.
- Cut your orange in half and squeeze. You should have about 1/2 cup, give or take a little.
- Whisk zest, juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl until combined.
- Slowly add your oil by pouring it in a steady stream and whisking vigorously.
- If adding chopped rosemary, whisk in at the end or sprinkle a few leaves on the salad.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Toss greens with 1/4 cup of dressing at a time until all leaves are coated but not drenched.
- Plate dressed greens and top with prosciutto, pine nuts and pecorino.