Hi! My name is Heather Bursch, and you can find more recipes here.
My family loves these oat and nut energy bites, and many of my clients ask for it on repeat. 🙂 Read the recipe below for all the options and possible substitutions.
Oat and Nut Butter Energy BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups old-fashioned organic oats
- 1 1/3 cups organic raw coconut flakes or unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup honey - if using Manuka honey melt it until runny
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic Santa Cruz peanut butter stir it first or any peanut or nut butter you prefer
- 1/3 cup organic ground flax seeds
- 3 - 4 heaping scoops of collagen or plain protein powder no flavor
- 2 tablespoons of water more if needed
- Optional: 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips toasted nuts, seeds, or dried fruit.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer bowl with paddle attachment. I also like to mix with my hands (using plastic gloves!) Mix until everything is just combined. If mixture seems too dry, add another splash of water.
- Remove bowl from mixer and roll into 1.5-inch balls.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container!
Makes about 20-25 energy bites!
This post contains affiliate links to products I know and love. I recommend any of them for this recipe!
Servings :20 -25
Did you make it? Mention @heatherbursch or tag #shemadeit so we can admire your work!
Follow me on Instagram @heatherbursch to see what I’m writing and making.